Whether you have just bought a new iPad from Apple Online Store or Apple Authorised Reseller, or you have recently purchased a second hand iPad from a random person, it is always important to register and check your iPad warranty period (of course if you have purchased a second hand unit, you do not need to register the product but check if the warranty is still in effective period). For owners who are curious to know whether is their device registered or wanted to check the warranty end date of your Apple devices, this simple guide is for you too. In this How-To article, we show you how to easily register and check iPad and iPhone warranty in various methods.
Register an iPad or iPhone when first setting up the New iPad & iPhone 4S or iPhone 5
The newer generation iPad and iPhone running iOS 5 or later will enable user to setup the device without connecting it to a PC or Mac. During the setup process, there will be a step asking you to register your iPad or iPhone and you should tap yes. To confirm whether your iPad or iPhone has already been registered to Apple system or not, you can always check the Warranty status of the device by following our guide at the later section of this article. To learn how to setup a brand new iPad or iPhone, follow the steps listed in the videos below:
Register an iPad or iPhone through Apple Website
- If you already have an Apple ID, just click on the following link, select your Location, Preferred Language and Login with your Apple ID.
- If you do not have an Apple ID, click on the below link to create one.
- Once Login, select whether you want to register one or more than one product.
- Select the device you want to register and the model of the product, iPad or iPhone.
- Enter the serial number of the device. The serial number of the device is located at the back of the box or go to the device Settings -> General -> About -> Serial Number.
- Select where you will primary use the device and what best describes what you do from the respective drop-down list.
- Click Continue and Finish.
- You will then receive a confirmation email from Apple to confirm your registration.
Register an iPad or iPhone using iTunes on PC or Mac
- Launch the iTunes software on a PC or Mac. If you do not have the iTunes software, download it in the following link to your PC or Mac: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/.
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to your PC or Mac using the USB cable.
- Click on ‘iPad’ (or ‘iPhone’) appeared on the iTunes software and choose whether you want to setup the iPad or iPhone as a new or existing user and then click Continue.
- Click the checkbox to agree to the license agreement and click Continue.
- Depending whether you already have an Apple ID or not, enter the details required. You will need an Apple ID to register your iPad or iPhone.
- Click Submit and you registration is completed.
Check iPad or iPhone Warranty
To check if your iPad or iPhone has already been registered and the warranty status, just click on the following link and enter the serial number of the device. Again, to locate the serial number of the device, you can either look at the back of the box, or go to Settings of the device, General -> About -> Serial Number.
You can also check all the Apple Products registered under your Apple ID in the following link. Just login with your Apple ID and Password.
We hope you find this How-To article useful. Feel free to share your experience and thoughts with us in the comment section below.
If you’re interested to read our other How-To articles, click on the below titles: